First-Ever Lifetime Feeding Study Finds
Genetically Engineered Corn Causes
Massive Tumors, Organ Damage, and
This is a summary of an article by Dr. Mercola – Sept. 22, 2012
- A two-year long French feeding study designed to evaluate the long-term health effects of a genetically engineered corn found that rats fed Monsanto’s maize developed massive breast tumors, kidney and liver damage, and other serious health problems. The major onslaught of diseases set in during the 13th month
- Female rats that ate genetically engineered corn died 2-3 times more than controls, and more rapidly, while the male GE-fed rats had tumors that occurred up to a year-and-a-half earlier than rats not fed GE corn
- According to results from a 10-year long feeding study on rats, mice, pigs and salmon, genetically engineered feed causes obesity, along with significant changes in the digestive system and major organs, including the liver, kidneys, pancreas, genitals and more
- The EPA admits there’s “mounting evidence” that Monsanto’s insecticide-fighting YieldGard corn is losing its effectiveness in the Midwest. Last year, rootworms resistant to the toxin in the genetically designed corn infested fields in Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota and Nebraska
- Genetically engineered foods are responsible for development of resistant weeds and pests; increased pathogenic virulence; degradation of soil quality; reduced nutrient content in food; exponential rise in infertility and birth defects; and reduced crop yields, and more
You can search his website www.mercola.com for the complete article.
Other thoughts from Misty Morning:
Weston A. Price foundation has also done several articles on GMO foods and the dangers that are surfacing such as allergies, tumors, infertility, and more. I believe that is one of the main reasons that corn and soy are two of the top allergens. Our bodies are rejecting it because it is modified from it’s original design.
I believe that the pasteurization and homogenization are the two reasons why so many are developing allergies to dairy as well. And as in my families case, they can’t drink milk from the store, but can drink all the raw milk they want. Again, our bodies are rejecting what can’t be digested. Unfortunately, people and our animals are suffering. That is why we feed our calves REAL FOOD not a diet of formula, drugs, and gmo grains.
We don’t feed genetically modified grains to our cattle for the reasons above and I don’t want to support an industry that has such little regard for the health and well-being of it’s recipients. We find that if it’s good logic for people, it usually applies to our animals as well. They also are suffering allergies and maladies at an increasing rate over the generations. They need good nutrition and a return to a diet in line with the original design.
When we purchased our first 30 bottle babies we did what every farmer told us to do, feed them the “best” formula we could buy. After a short time, they were sick and hunched over like their little tummies were hurting. We had several that were thin and looked like little skeletons before we figured out that we had to keep them on drugs and even then still lose a few, or put them on real food! Well let me tell you, it was a boatload of work, but we had to put them back on real food to feel good about what we were doing. They immediately began to gain weight, and their tummies stopped hurting. They started wagging their tails when they ate and bouncing around! It IS a joy to be a farmer at Misty Morning Farm in Va 🙂